ENRICH-dedicated Sections at 24th IAWE Conference
The ENRICH Project Consortium is very proud to announce that the 24th Conference of the International Association for World Englishes (IAWE), entitled “World Englishes: Peripheries and Centres”, included Special Sections dedicated to research carried out in the framework of the ENRICH Project on the role of Global Englishes and English as a Lingua Franca (ELF) in multilingual classrooms. The Conference was organized by the University of Limerick, Ireland on 20-22 June 2019.
In total, five presentations were given by the ENRICH researchers:
- “Teachers’ and learners’ emerging needs in multilingual classrooms” by Lucilla Lopriore and Silvia Sperti (Roma Tre University, Italy)
- “Portuguese students’ and teachers’ perceptions and practices in multilingual classrooms” by Lili Cavalheiro, Luis Guerra and Ricardo Pereira (ULICES, University of Lisbon, Portugal)
- “Multilingual competences and English language learning/teaching in Norway” by Therese Tishakov, Mona Flognfeldt, Dina Tsagari and Dragana Surkalovic (OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway)
- “Enriching EFL multilingual classrooms: Teachers’ and students’ insights from the expanding circle” by Natasha Tsantila (Hellenic Open University, Greece)
- “Changing linguistic landscapes and the need for an ENRICHed WE/ELF-aware pedagogy in Turkey” by Yasemin Bayyurt, Dilek İnal, and Sezen Bektaş Yüksel (Bogazici University, Turkey
The presentations were attended by over 150 English language teachers, teacher educators and researchers from around the world.
For more information about the Conference, see here: https://iawe2019.wordpress.com/
For the Conference programme, see here: https://iawe2019.wordpress.com/programme/